The Athletic Trainers Room (or the ATR) is driven by the conviction that excellent service need not include high markups for overhead. Operating without the costs associated with retail frontage, our aim is to deliver consistent, responsive, and economical service.
With many years of experience in the field of athletic training and first aid, we are passionate about athletics, and athletes’ ability to perform well and enjoy what they do.
Keith Johnson, President
Keith’s background includes a Bachelor of Recreation Education from the University of British Columbia as well as industry certifications and designations such as:
- Certified Red Cross First Aid/CPR Instructor
- Certified OFA 1 First Aid Instructor
- Certified Advanced Wilderness and Remote First Aid Instructor
- Level 3 Occupational First Aid Attendant (WCB)
- Certified First Responder w/ HCP
- Sports Aider – Sports Medicine Council of BC
- He is a member of the Sports Medicine Council of BC, the Occupational First Aid Attendants Association, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Currently, Keith is athletic trainer for the Grandview Steelers Jr B Hockey Club, and the Surrey United Soccer Club.
He has worked as Athletic Trainer for several BC sports teams, and Medical Team Coordinator for many events including: Tournament of Hearts, Ultimate Nationals, BC Soccer Premier & Challenge Cups.
His past business background includes being the owner/operator of Freedom Fitness Ltd., store manager in sports medicine retail, and provincial representative for various products.
Keith now brings his qualifications to launch The Athletic Trainers Room. His goal is to be the provider of sports medicine products and supplies for Western Canada.